Powerful explosion-proof steam impulse sealer for ultimate product safety
Audion’s tabletop steam impulse sealer is a unique type of sealer that makes it possible to seal bags without electrical power. The machine is available with 610, 800 or 1000 mm sealing length.
The sealer uses pressurized steam as a heat source. During the sealing process, the steam is brought under pressure in the sealing tube on the lower sealing bar. The sealing temperature corresponds to the pressure of the steam supply.
This steam impulse sealer is explosion proof because it does not have its own ignition source and can be used safely for sealing products in hazardous areas. In a conventional production system, products must be transported from a hazardous area to a safe area for packaging.
By using the Power Sealer EX the products can be packed directly in the explosion sensitive area. This eliminates the need to transport the products to another area and makes the process more efficient.
- Machine can be used in explosion zone classification: zone 1 (class 1, division 1) or zone 2 (class 1, division 2)
- The PSR EX is also available with a vacuum system: VAC PSR EX (610, 800, 1000).
- Tabletop model
- Sealing length (610, 800 and 1000 mm length)
- 8 mm seal
- Film thickness 2 x 200 micron
- Controlled via Air PLC controller
- Explosion-proof sealer that can be used in an ATEX / explosion-sensitive area
- Stainless steel housing
- Available with vacuum system: VAC PSR EX
- Steam heated lower sealing bar
- Emergency stop
- Foot operation
- Pneumatically driven
Additional requirements for this sealer
- Steam pressure regulator: for adjusting the supply pressure of saturated vapor to the sealer.
- Pressure gauge: for checking the pressure of saturated vapor at the interface point.
- Steam trap: for removing drained water.
- Vaper supply valve: for stopping vapor supply after operation.
- Bypass valve: for blowing and exhausting initial air, drain, etc.
- Safety valve: needed when primary steam pressure is more than 1.0 MPa.
- Working table
- Steam pressure generator
- Piping system for steam supply and drain
Atex / Explosive environment
|Product||VAC PSR EX|
|Seal length||610 mm|
|Seal width||8 mm|
|Type of machine||Steam impulse/ single side seal|
|Type of film||PA/PE, Vacuum Bags, Aluminum Laminated Bags|
|Thickness of film||2 x 200 micron|
|Vacuum system||Vacuum ejector|
|Control system||Air PLC controller|
|Machine dimensions (LxWxH)||780 x 558 x 312 mm|
|Seal bar actuation||By air cylinder|
|Pneumatic supply||0.55 MPa|
|Steam supply||0.3 – 0.8 MPa (depending on required sealing temperature)|
|Steam flow||Over 10 kg/h|
|Vacuum time||Approx. 1 – 20 sec.|
|Sealing temperature||Approx. 130 – 175 °C (corresponding value from the saturated vapor pressure)|
|Heating time||Approx. 1 – 20 seconds|
|Cooling time||Approx. 3 seconds (fixed)|
|Type of product||Product packed in explosive environments|
|Branche/Application||Industrial Parts, Pharmaceutical Industry|